hammock And Tent and Tent
7,50$ by hammock
Camping Plateform Plateforme
15$ by plateform*
LEAN-TO Plateforme Plateforme
20$ by lean-to*
Shelter Plateforme Plateforme
20$ by person or 70$ for exclusivity (the 4 places)
REFUGE Plateforme Plateforme
28$ by person or 190$ for exclusivity (the 8 places)
* For a platform or a lean-to: the price is for 1 to 4 people. A fee of $ 5.00 per additional person will be charged for more than 4.
For a hike of a few days or for a great crossing, the IAT-QC offers several types of accommodation along its route. Based on an average pace of 12 to 15 KM per stage, sites equipped with camping platform, lean-to, shelter or refuge, must be reserved with the IAT-QC by completing a detailed itinerary.
Private accommodation sites (lodging, hotel, motel, camping) are present throughout the course. Hikers who wish to make reservations must do so directly at its establishment. Their coordinates can be found in the Companion or on the back of topographic maps.
To make reservations of IAT-QC sites or for the the Gaspésie national park, please contact us by email or at the following number:
(418) 560-4642 ● firstname.lastname@example.org
Long Hike fees 2019
FOR HIKERS WHO WANT TO MAKE THE GREAT CROSSING OF GR A1 OR MORE THAN 14 DAYS OF HIKING ON IAT-QC.
WHAT YOU MUST DO
You must make a route as accurate as possible.
This is for your safety and it allows us to locate you more easily in the path if it is necessary.
A follow-up will also be done between the IAT-QC and you during your journey using precise contact point (access to a phone or Wi-Fi) all along your hike to ensure that everything goes Well, that you have no problem of delay or to inform us of a problem encountered in the trail.
To contact us by phone or text: 1-418-560-4642 by email: email@example.com
We know that long hike, there is always a risk that we have miscalculate our route.
For this reason, a delay of a day or two, will be tolerated.
Hikers who will have reservations for the location for this specific date will always have priority.
If you have a delay of more than 2 days or an injury that causes you a delay, you can contact us to stagger your route without charge.
For cancellation by reason of abandonment, a fee of 20% of the total amount not used is non-refundable or a minimum of $ 20.
For IAT-QC accommodation, outside the Parks: $ 15 / day + camping txs shelter or refuge.
For accommodations in the Gaspésie National Park: between $ 28 and $ 35 + taxes depending on the camping sites or shelters.
Daily or annual access rights to the Gaspésie National Park:
- Daily: $ 8.75
- Annual: $ 43
For accommodations in Forillon National Park of Canada (Les Crêtes #1 & #2, Les Lacs): $ 15 / day + txs. Other campsites must be booked directly with the Park. (Ex: Camping Bon-Ami)
Forillon National Park of Canada Access Rights:
- June 1st to 24th and September 4th to October 8th: $ 5.65 / day
- June 25 to September 3: $ 7.80 / day
- Seasonal (from June 1st to October 8th): $ 39.20
Private accommodation, municipal camping, hotels, motels and lodgings must be booked directly with them.
Therefore, the total rate with the SIA-QC will be based on the number of days of use of its infrastructure and its services. We can also make reservations with the SÉPAQ.
Included Accommodation Sites
This is the list of the accommodation sites where a hiker can camp with the passport. Please note that the accommodation sites in the Gaspesie National Park are accessible only by those who bought the passport with the access card.
- Matapedia Valley: Matapedia, Turcotte, Corbeau, Quartz, Ruisseaux-Creux, Les Champs, Les Chutes, Amqui, Les Trois-Sœurs, Saint-Vianney.
- Matane Wildlife Reserve: Ruisseau-des-Pitounes, Lac Tombereau, Montagne-a-Valcourt, Lac-Matane, Lac du Gros-Ruisseau, Mont-Craggy, Lac-Beaulieu, Petit-Sault, Ruisseau-Bascon.
- Gaspesie National Park: All Camping and refuges could be use, depending of your itinerary that you reserve with us. Here a list of possible accomodation:Nyctale and Huard shelters and the following campsites : Le Kalmia ; Le Saule ; Lac Cascapedia; La Fougere ; La Riviere ; La Camarine; Mont-Jacques-Cartier.
- Upper Gaspe: Les Cabourons, Ruisseau-Flétan, Grand-Sault.
- Gaspe Coast: Les Terrasses, Les Cascades, La Chute, Zephir, Les Carrieres, L'Erabliere.
- Forillon National Park: Les Lacs, Les Crêtes #1, Les Crêtes #2.
- when booking, there is an obligation to give the SIA-QC a copy of its detailed itinerary, containing
dates and location from start to end of trail stay.
- you must bring your mattress, sleeping bag, camping stove, matches, flashlight, lunch box and utensils, food,
toilet paper and first aid kit.
- camp fires can be done if the degree of drought is not high, in areas prepared for lights only.
- a water point is usually located near each site, but since the water may not be drinking, it is recommended to
treat or boil it. There will be plenty of streams throughout course but even in the wild, it is always recommended
to treat its water. Moreover, in of drought, some of the water points may be dry as well as several watercourses.
The hiker will then have to plan for its water management.
- camp only on the camping sites or the refuges of the IAT-QC mentioned on the reservation.
- the hiker can occupy his website from 15h.
- the hiker will clean the site before departure.
- the hiker must have left his website from 10am.
- always keep your proof of reservation on hand and present it, if necessary, to the protection officers, Parks or
IAT-QC employees, supervisors, hikers who have duly booked.
- access to the Chic-Chocs Mountain Lodge is not allowed to IAT-QC hikers unless they have
reserved a room.
- at the end of your hike, complete a survey (trip report) and submit it to IAT-QC.
A 100% payment of any invoice is required to validate the reservation.
AMENDMENT AND CANCELLATION OF A RESERVATION
For any modification1 or cancellation of a reservation, you must contact the IAT-QC at 1-418-560-4642. A
Customer Service Agent will be pleased to respond to the request as follows:
- MORE THAN 30 DAYS BEFORE THE START OF THE STAY
* modification1 of a reservation: no fee will be required.
* cancellation of a reservation: fees corresponding to 10% of the total amount are non-refundable or a
minimum of $ 20.
- FROM 7 TO 30 DAYS BEFORE THE START OF THE STAY
* modification1 of a reservation: fees corresponding to 10% of the total amount are non-refundable or a minimum
of $ 20.
* cancellation of a reservation: fees corresponding to 30% of the total amount are non-refundable or a
minimum of $ 20.
- LESS THAN 7 DAYS BEFORE THE START OF THE STAY
* modification1 of a reservation: a fee corresponding to 30% of the total amount is non-refundable or a minimum
of $ 20.
* cancellation of a reservation: no refund will be granted.
- DURING THE STAY
* modification1 of a reservation due to a delay or advance: no fees will be required, but in case of conflict of time,
it is necessary to give way to the benefit of a hiker who respects the booking date.
* cancellation by reason of abandonment: a fee of 20% of the total amount not used is non-refundable
or a minimum of $ 20.
1 Note that the postponement of the dates of a reservation is only possible for the current season and the
In order to better plan your stay or activity, we invite you to consult our website where you will find useful
information about your stay or the activities you want to practice. It is your duty to communicate this information
to the people who accompany you. In closing, we remind you that you can reach our customer service by calling
(418) 560-4642. The entire IAT-QC team wishes you a pleasant stay!