Hunting Season In Matane Wildlife Reserve
Date: From septembeR 4 to november 6, 2018
RULE OF MOVEMENT
During the period of the moose hunting (September 4 to november 6, 2018), to circulate on Road 1 and / or the practice of hiking the International Appalachian Trail - Québec (IAT-QC) you must:
- Acquire an access (daily in the case of the short hike) at the office of International Appalachian Trail - Quebec, located on the second floor of the tourist office of Matane (Matane lighthouse) in the 968 du Phare ouest, Matane. You can contact us on hours of operation between 9 and 16 pm, Monday to Friday at 418-562-7885 or by email at email@example.com. Please plan to get your right of movement during the week.
- Persons must comply with dates, times and places mentioned in access and in addition they must put their access rights on the dashboard of their vehicle so that it is readable from the outside and carry it on them and in this case, present it upon request of an wildlife officer, an assistant to wildlife protection or an area warden.
- Wear orange vest;
- Only move and hike between 9 am and 16 pm.
- Must travel only in the following areas (listed to the access right): sector#1 (Charles Édouard-Vézina Mount, roundtrip only, from the parking lot des Pins, Road 1), sector #2 (Valley of the Creek of Pitounes, roundtrip only, facing the road leading to the Matane River 2 cottage, Road 1) sector #3 (Duvivier River, Tombereau Lake, West Creek Falls and West Mount, roundtrip only, with starting near the Matane River 4 cottage, Road 1). The sector #4 (Matane Lake) is only available for long hiking, from Poste John to Matane Lake or from Matane Lake to Cap-Chat River (Nicol-Albert / Petit Sault). For Nicol-Albert and Chute Hélène sector you have to aplly the same rules and obtain a right of movement.
Hunting season in public territory
- Always walk during sunning hours.
- Respect the hunters who allowed us to go on their hunting territory.
- Avoid areas where it is registered hunter in the area.
Small game Hunting
From September 15, 2018 to March 31, 2019
Bow and Crossbow: From September 29 to October 7, 2018
Gun, bow and crossbow: From November 3, 2018 to November 18, 2018
Bow and crossbow: From September 29, 2018 to October 7, 2018
Gun, bow and crossbow: From October 13, 2018 to October 21, 2018
Mouth-loading weapon (black powder), bow and crossbow: From October 23, 2018 to October 26, 2018