INITIATION TO THE LONG HIKE PROVIDED BY NATURE ADVENTURE
CONTEXT OF REALIZATION
The International Appalachian Trail - Quebec (IAT-QC), long hiking trail, crossing the Gaspésie on 650 KM and offering 1 to 40 days of camping stages, or rustic shelters, wish to develop its traffic by promoting training autonomous hikers interested in this type of outdoor adventure. Our packages are made in the Avignon area, a forest hiking area on a mountainous terrain that passes through the village of St-André-de-Restigouche and ends in Matapédia. You will have the chance to see 2 beautiful viewpoints.
FOR WHO ?
This course is for hiking enthusiasts who wish to develop their skills, knowledge and experience to perform a long-distance hiking activity independently.
This training is offered in semi-guided semi-coaching mode. The participant will be involved in all phases of the training to develop his autonomy.
• Develop in the participant the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out a long-distance project
• Accompany the participant in his learning process by promoting an authentic context of realization framed by a professional guide.
• Make known the IAT-QC and its long-distance options
The training will last a total of 3 days and 2 nights, in a shelter.
Participants must arrive prepared having received instructions to follow before the training.
The food is included and each participant will have a load of food to carry.
A list of equipment to be provided will be provided to the participant.
Group material will be provided by Nature Adventure.
THE TOPICS ADDRESSED
- The outdoors Without a trace;
- Planning before departure;
- Outdoor cooking;
- The first aid kit;
- The survival kit;
- The techniques of markets;
- Risk Management and Emergency Plan
- The weather
GUIDE / TRAINER
ALEX GIROUX (30-31-1 SEPTEMBER), He has worked in the adventure travel and tourism industry for 7 years. He has guided in the cities and national parks of North America, California and Quebec. Guide for Nature Adventure since 2016, he loves hiking on the trail. He made several hikes in autonomy. Holder of a master's degree in history, Alex likes to make discover the destinations through his history, he will know how to initiate you to the joys of the long hike.
GENEVIÈVE LABONTÉ (SEPTEMBER 20-21-22), AEC Graduate Guide to Adventure Tourism and Ecotourism in 2006 at Collège Mérici. She has been a co-owner of Nature Aventure since 2007 and a member of the board of directors of SIA-Qc since 2007 as well. She walked several times the 70 km of the SIA on the Vallée - Avignon sector. She loves to introduce people to the long hike and talk about the SIA-Qc.
WHERE AND WHEN ?
AUGUST-1 AND 2 SEPTEMBER 2019
20-21-22 SEPTEMBER 2019 TO CONFIRM
THE COST OF TRAINING
$ 410 per participant taxes includes
• Transportation from Matapédia to the International Appalachian Trail Access Points
• A qualified guide / trainer
• 7 meals and energy snacks
• 2 nights in shelters
• Mattresses and sleeping bags on request
• Backpack and walking stick on request
• Kitchen equipment for the group (cauldron, stove, bowl, tarpaulin, water filter)
• Taxes are also includes