Hunting Season In Matane Wildlife Reserve
Date: From septembeR 3 to november 6, 2019
RULE OF MOVEMENT
During the period of the moose hunting (September 3 to november 6, 2019), to circulate on Road 1 and / or the practice of hiking the International Appalachian Trail - Québec (IAT-QC) you must:
- Acquire an access (daily in the case of the short hike) at the office of International Appalachian Trail - Quebec, located on the second floor of the tourist office of Matane (Matane lighthouse) in the 968 du Phare ouest, Matane. You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please plan to get your right of movement during the week.
- Persons must comply with dates, times and places mentioned in access and in addition they must put their access rights on the dashboard of their vehicle so that it is readable from the outside and carry it on them and in this case, present it upon request of an wildlife officer, an assistant to wildlife protection or an area warden.
- Wear orange vest;
- Only move and hike between 9 am and 16 pm.
- Must travel only in the following areas (listed to the access right): Matane River Trail, sector#1 (Charles Édouard-Vézina Mount, roundtrip only, from the parking lot des Pins, Road 1), The sector #4 (Matane Lake) is only available for long hiking, from Poste John to Matane Lake or from Matane Lake to Cap-Chat River (Nicol-Albert / Petit Sault).
Hunting season in public territory
- Always walk during sunning hours.
- Respect the hunters who allowed us to go on their hunting territory.
- Avoid areas where it is registered hunter in the area.
Small game Hunting
From September 21, 2019 to March 31, 2020
Bow and Crossbow: From September 28 to October 6, 2019
Gun, bow and crossbow: From November 2, 2019 to November 10, 2019
Bow and crossbow: From September 28, 2019 to October 6, 2019
Gun, bow and crossbow: From October 19, 2019 to October 27, 2019
Mouth-loading weapon (black powder), bow and crossbow: From October 29, 2019 to November 1, 2019