on the Matane Wildlife Reserve
Moose with antlers : From September 26, 2020 to October 4, 2020. From October 27, 2020 to October 30, 2020 From October 17, 2020 to October 25, 2020
White-tailed deer : From October 3, 2020 to October 16, 2020, From November 7, 2020 to November 15, 2020
Small Game: From September 21, 2019 to March 31, 2020
During the moose hunting season, to travel on Route 1 and / or for hiking on the International Appalachian Trail - Quebec (SIA-QC):
- Obtain a daily right of access in the case of short hikes), from the office of the Sentier International des Appalaches - Québec, located on the second floor of the Matane tourist office (Phare de Matane) at 968 du West lighthouse, Matane. You can contact us during office hours by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please plan to get your driving rights on weekdays.
- People must comply with the dates, times and places mentioned in the right of access; in addition they must put their right of access on the dashboard of their vehicle so that it is readable from the outside and carry it on them and in this case, exhibit it at the request of an agent wildlife protection, wildlife protection assistant or area warden
- Drive only in the following sectors
(registered in the right of access): Sentier de la Rivière Matane, sector # 1 (Mont Charles Édouard-Vézina, round trip only, from the Pins parking lot, route 1), Sector # 4 (Lac Matane) n 'is only accessible for long hikes, from John Station to Lac Matane or from Lac Matane to Rivière Cap-Chat (Nicol-Albert / Petit Sault).
Hunting period in public territory
- Wear an orange bib at all times during your fall hike.
- Always walk during the hours of sunshine . Only circulate and hike between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Respect the hunters .
- Avoid areas where hunter is registered in the area.