on the Matane Wildlife Reserve
During the moose hunting season, to travel on Route 1 and / or for hiking on the International Appalachian Trail - Quebec (SIA-QC) you have to:
- Obtain a daily right of access in the case of short hikes), from the office of the Sentier International des Appalaches - Québec, located on the second floor of the Matane tourist office (Phare de Matane) at 968 Avenue du Phare Ouest, Matane. You can contact us during office hours by email at email@example.com.
- Peolple must comply with the dates, times and places mentioned in the right of access. In addition, they must place a copy of the right of access on the dashboard of their vehicle so it can be read from the outside. They must also have a copy on them at all times in the event of a check by a wildlife protection officer or a land warden.
-Travel only between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. on the hiking trails and driving.
- Wear an orange traffic vest.
- Drive only in the following sectors
(registered in the right of access): Sentier de la Rivière Matane, sector # 1 (Mont Charles Édouard-Vézina, round trip only, from the Pins parking lot, route 1), Sector # 4 (Lac Matane) n 'is only accessible for long hikes, from John Station to Lac Matane or from Lac Matane to Rivière Cap-Chat (Nicol-Albert / Petit Sault).
Hunting period in public territory
Small Game: From September 21, 2019 to March 31, 2020
Moose with antlers : From September 26, 2020 to October 4, 2020. From October 27, 2020 to October 30, 2020 From October 17, 2020 to October 25, 2020
White-tailed deer : From October 3, 2020 to October 16, 2020, From November 7, 2020 to November 15, 2020
- It is mandatory to obtain a RIGHT OF ACCESS from our administration from Monday to Thursday.
- Wear an orange bib at all times during your fall hikes.
- Always walk during sunny hours. Drive and hike only between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Respect the hunters .
- Avoid sectors where it is registered hunter in the sector.